Homework teaches students to work independently and develop self-discipline. Homework encourages students to take initiative and responsibility for completing a task. Homework allows parents to have an active role in their child’s education and helps them to evaluate
their child’s progress.
Here are some 5 distinctive reasons why homework is important for a child.
1) Homework helps your child reinforce skills, concepts and information learned in class
Homework can be called an everyday revision of the concepts that the students learn at school. Completing homework, thus, helps them solidify on the skills, concepts and information that they have learnt.
2) Homework helps your child prepare for the upcoming class topics
Doing homework helps students become more independent and improves their problem-solving skills. This, in turn, improves their abilities to grasp and understand the new things taught at school.
3) Homework helps your child work independently and develop self-discipline
When students do their homework, they are primarily learning by themselves. This adds to their independence. They also learn to manage time and schedule their work, making them self-disciplined.
4) Homework helps your child connect school learning to the real world
While students do their homework, they are actually bringing the lessons they have learnt at school to home. This real-time application of concepts helps them connect to the lessons better.
5) Homework helps your child become responsible
Since your child is solely responsible for doing their homework, completing it and taking accountability of it adds to their ability to take up responsibilities.